Translate to your own language

Become a member of ADDY as me with my link and get $25 to kickstart your own investing journey 🏠

February 21, 2013

Teeth whitening–Is whiter and brighter safe?

Various product for teeth whitening today promise snow white teeth.
Usually you leave them from 5 to 30 minutes on your teeth – strips,gel trays.
They are designed to restore tooth’s enamel by removing debris and dirt.
They all contain hydrogen peroxide,which releasing oxygen molecules in your mouth that react chemically with staining materials and lift them off.
 Different product have different content of hydrogen peroxide.It is topically 15% in drugstore products to upto 40% in the dental office.There is a widely spread myth that hydrogen peroxide can immediately damage the tooth's enamel.According to the dentists there is no evidence of damage in short term.It is not yet know if the extreme or prolonged use can cause harm.Home made whitening formulas such ones made with lemon juice,baking soda or crushed strawberries as they bathe teeth in acid. As a result you may end up with more sensitive teeth and lose some tooth structure.
What to expect when you use hydrogen peroxide strips or gel? The product usually include test picture showing shades of the enamel discoloration. Before you start using the product, you match your teeth color to the one on the picture. At the end of the treatment course, you can see the overall effect. My personal experience is that the improvement is 1-3 steps. The effect of the whitening is not permanent. Smoking and other factors will affect how long it will last.

Tip: Check with your dentist if they can make you free personal silicon cast which you can fill with the gel and snap on the teeth. It is usually a courtesy service they do for long term patients.

 

1 comment:

  1. Good day I am so grateful I found your blog page,
    I really found you by error, while I was searching on Digg for something else,
    Anyways I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post and a all
    round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great job.


    my blog post :: best teeth whitening - atria.edu,

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog